SEE IT, FEEL IT, TRUST IT – A short game drill for you to try
This is a chipping, short game drill that helps you improve your chipping quickly. You will use a variety of clubs from the same distance and see if using the less lofted clubs is a benefit.
- Choose a chip shot that is on the edge of the green, approximately 20-25 feet away from the hole
- Use your 6-iron and go through your regular pre-shot routine
A quality pre-shot routine should have 3 aspects
- Visualization For most people, visualization is difficult; so ask yourself where you want the ball to land and how the ball will roll into the hole after it lands.
- Feel After you have a good visual of the shot in your minds eye, take some practice swings to feel the shot you have already visualized.
- Trust When you are over the ball, say to yourself “TRUST IT”
Hit your 6-iron until you hole the chip. Then proceed to your 7-iron and so on until you get all the way through your PW. This is a minimum of 5 shots. See how close you can get to the score of 5 each time. Remember, do your pre-shot routine with every shot!